Wednesday 28 September 2016

Journey to the Center of Your Life

Tags



Sometimes things that don’t seem possible become the reality that it is possible, and has indeed cropped up into our life. Good or bad, things happen that we may not expect. And, I’m not talking about stumbling upon some live, ancient dinosaurs either, such as that in Jules Verne’s novel.
I’m talking about falling into a lifestyle you didn’t plan for, and that lifestyle may be a good one or a not-so-good one for you.

Did you ever think that you’d be in a miserable relationship? Suffer through a natural disaster? Lose a good paying job? Or, on the other side of the coin, did you ever think you’d find your soul mate and live happily ever after? Get to buy that dream home you always wanted? Find the best job ever or start your own business?

Life is a series of changes. And change can be viewed as opening doors to new opportunities.
I’ve been reading about many retailers for example who, in the face of a challenging economy, have reinvented themselves, found new opportunities that didn’t seem to exist before, and cut back to basics with strategies that improved their bottom line. And, they’re having success.
Other people are doing it too. When one journey ends, they planned and initiated a new journey. And a new adventure began.

Then, it’s what a person does that leads them along their new path. And, contrarily, it’s what a person doesn’t do that leads them nowhere.
We hear about it all the time, especially in these struggling times. A job lost creates a new opportunity for something else they didn’t attempt to do before. Financial difficulties can lead to a lifestyle that doesn’t have so much stress. A bad relationship opens up the door for finding a good, much better relationship.

I’ve met a lot of people throughout my life who say, “I can write a book about my life,” as they look at how much and how many changes they’ve gone through, and survived. I could probably write one myself, but that will have to wait until I’m bored and have nothing else to write about.
These days, I never know what to write on my own bio because of the various ways I’ve reinvented myself through life changes. I’m a lifestylist, a professional organizer, an interior decorator, a public speaker, an entrepreneur, a writer, a marketing and PR expert, a web designer, an animal rescue activist, a multi-media producer, and the list goes on. I figure I must take on new endeavors every year or so and, at this rate, by next year I hope to be adding something like world adventurer, if there is such a profession.
I’ve had many doors close in the past, too. But, when those closed, a new door opened up which didn’t seem to be there before, strangely enough. And it always seemed to open to something better, and often bigger.

One time in my life I was between jobs and at the end of a 6-year relationship. While my Temp Agency got to work trying to find work for me, I began to embark on my own search. I listed my skill-set and transformed those skills into services. The next thing I knew, I was pounding the pavement with brochures at hand offering services such as organizing an office and a filing system, and other similar business services. Before I knew it, I was in business and my life as a professional organizer began.

I firmly believe these new openings in my life were a result of where I put my attention. And I always chose to put my focus on something better, something positive.

This, I’m sure, holds true for anyone who took change and turned it into a new opportunity. They had to have put their attention on a solution, a new strategy or the like rather than the problem. How else could they have come into the great events and wonderful journeys that took place in their life?
With change, we need to re-organize (yes, I’m sure you were waiting to see how this would tie into the subject I always talk about!). This also applies to making, or causing change. We don’t always have to wait for change to happen to us; we can actually cause change all by ourselves.

If you’re unhappy with something, say for instance a cluttered room, than decide to make a change and re-organize accordingly. Anything you’re unhappy with and want to change just requires that you regroup, reinvent, and re-organize.


After all, a journey to the unknown can be fun and rewarding and prosperous and exciting. Even Jules Verne’s story had a good ending.

1 comments so far


EmoticonEmoticon